The Rodney Cook Classic was originally slated for last Saturday October 7th but persistent rain showers throughout the day and evening made it impossible to complete the show as scheduled. The race will now take place on Saturday October 28th at 4pm.
Qualifying from last Saturday will be scrapped and everything will start anew on October 28th. NEW Pole Award Money will be paid out to the new pole winners for both the Late Models and the BG Modifieds. Stacy Puryear and Tim Brown were paid for their pole runs last weekend and following qualifying on October 28th the Late Model Stock Car pole winner will receive $300 with the outside pole winner getting $200 and the Bowman Gray (BG) Modified Pole winner receiving $250 for his effort.
All tickets and wristbands from October 7th will be honored on October 28th. If you didn’t get a ticket or wristband already you will still be able to buy pit passes and tickets on the day of the event.
Friday, October 27th
• Pit Gates Open for Early Parking 2:00pm – 6:00pm
– Crew sign-in & Haulers Park
• Practice: 6:00pm – 8:00pm
• LMSC & Modified Early Tech Inspection 8:00pm til….
Saturday, October 28th
• Pit Gates Open: 8am (Sign in, Tire Building Opens)
• LMSC & Modified Tech Inspection 9:00am until completed.
• Tire Scuff Session for NEW Cars: 10:45am
– All cars that don’t have race tires impounded must scuff their tires at speed for 3.5 laps to be equal on race tires. Tires will then be impounded until qualifying.
• Practice: 11:00am – 1:00pm
• Grandstands Open: 1:00pm
• Driver’s Meeting: 1:15pm
• Qualifying 2:00pm
– LMSC 2-laps
– Modifieds 2-laps
• Pre-Race Activities 3:45pm (Awards, Invocation, National Anthem)
• Racing Begins: 4:00pm
– LMSC Last Chance Qualifier if needed
– BG Modifieds Driver Introductions
– BG Modifieds Race #1 50-laps (Impound on pit road, not in stalls)
– Mini Stocks 30-laps
– 602 Tour Super Limiteds 75-laps
– LMSC Driver Introductions
– LMSC Rodney Cook Classic 140-laps
– BG Modifieds Race #2 50-laps
– 602 Tour Modifieds 25-laps
RACE22.com will be there with our Jumpstart Motorsports RACEDAY LIVE coverage presented by After Dark Diesel of everything that happens at Ace Speedway for the Rodney Cook Classic for those who can’t be there or those fans in the stands that want a little more in-depth info on what’s going on in the pit area.
1. Are my tickets still good?
Absolutely! It is track policy that in the event of a rain out, any tickets sold are made good on the next event of equal ticket face value.
2. Are tickets still on sale if we didn’t make it on the 7th?
Of course, our ticket booths will still be open to new ticket sales. Bring your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers and anyone else you can think of!
3. Are coolers allowed?
Yes they are! All coolers must be 14 inches or smaller. No glass containers are permitted. Alcohol is permitted on the backstretch only.
4. What time does the track open?
We’re sticking to the same schedule as originally posted. Gates open at 1pm. Qualifying at 2pm. Green Flag drops at 4pm.