RACE22.com hosted voting for the CARS Tour Most Popular Driver award for the 2018 season in both the Late Model Stock Car and Super Late Model series. Voting started in late October and ran through November 9th.
Sam Mayer won out in the Late Model Stock Car division after a spirited back and forth battle with Layne Riggs. Mayer received 39% (1,289) of the votes for the Late Model Stock Car division to Riggs’ 34% (1,124). Lee Pulliam, Josh Berry and Ty Gibbs completed the top five in voting. 3,270 votes in total were cast for Late Model Stock Car drivers.
In the Super Late Model division, Molly Helmuth had a great early battle with Corey Heim for the top spot. Helmuth eventually pulled away receiving 49% (722) of the votes cast with Heim coming in second with 24% (354). Matt Craig, Jared Fryar and Raphael Lessard completed the top five in voting. 1,479 votes in total were cast for Super Late Model drivers.
Mayer and Helmuth will be recognized and awarded for their achievements at the 2018 CARS Tour Banquet at Hendrick Motorsports on January 19, 2019.
Full voting results below.
CARS LMSC MPD 2018
- Sam Mayer (39%, 1,289 Votes)
- Layne Riggs (34%, 1,124 Votes)
- Lee Pulliam (7%, 242 Votes)
- Josh Berry (5%, 175 Votes)
- Ty Gibbs (3%, 101 Votes)
- Trevor Ward (2%, 79 Votes)
- Bobby McCarty (2%, 60 Votes)
- Ronald Hill (1%, 44 Votes)
- Deac McCaskill (1%, 40 Votes)
- Brandon Pierce (1%, 39 Votes)
- Craig Moore (1%, 33 Votes)
- Bradley McCaskill (1%, 22 Votes)
- Charlie Watson (0%, 12 Votes)
- Cody Haskins (0%, 10 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,270
CARS SLM MPD 2018
- Molly Helmuth (49%, 722 Votes)
- Corey Heim (24%, 354 Votes)
- Matt Craig (8%, 121 Votes)
- Jared Fryar (8%, 116 Votes)
- Raphael Lessard (5%, 71 Votes)
- Anthony Cataldi (2%, 35 Votes)
- Darrell Gilchrist (2%, 33 Votes)
- Jeff Batten (2%, 27 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,479