Wednesday, September 19th unofficially kicks off the 2018 edition of the ValleyStar Credit Union 300 at Martinsville Speedway with a six-hour long test session. Cars will roll on to the track at 4:00 pm and will test until the lights come on at dusk and continue under the lights until 10:00 pm as they get ready for the second night race for Late Model Stock Cars at Martinsville Speedway.
Race22.com will have extensive coverage of test day beginning at around 3:00 pm and continuing until well after the last car takes time on the track. Race22.com will return to our interactive blog style coverage where fans will be able to ask questions and participate in the coverage like only we allow. We will also have videos, photos and much more throughout the coverage and on our Twitter and Facebook pages.
Below is the schedule for the day which begins with registration at 1:00 pm and practice beginning at 4:00 pm and ending at 10:00 pm.
Wednesday, September 19 – Open Practice
1:00 PM: Haulers Enter
1:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Registration
3:00 PM – 10:30 PM: RACEDAY LIVE Interactive Coverage Exclusively on RACE22.com
4:00 PM – 10:00 PM: Practice
- Can purchase NASCAR License at practice – we don’t know how much they cost. NASCAR handles completely.
- No fee for the car for practice.
- ALL DRIVERS must have a NASCAR License.
- Pit Passes are $30 each. Must be 14 or older to buy a pit pass. If they are 14 to 18 years of age, and do not have a license, must fill out a minor’s release form and a parent MUST be present to sign that form.
- NO ONE under 13 allowed in the infield.
- Any questions on rules need to be directed to Lynn Carroll at (540) 312-2720.
- Grandstands will be open for no charge.
- We are not registering for the race weekend pit passes until race weekend.